Friday 1 August 2014

Duelling Gamers: August the call of Kurnous, of Wild hunts and woods


Well August is here and so is the Flu,I hope that the Flu will go soon, anyway this is my plan for the month,and with a sprinkle of luck it should pan out.
Step one: Get rid of the Flu,
Step two: Paint the balance of July and what I plan for August,
Step three: Finish August up to date,so that I can have a good crack at September.

Anyway here we go.

With my $100 retail plus the $10.25 savings from last month , I have $110.25, with this  I purchased the following
  1.  5 Glade Guard which I received in May as part of a birthday present for $0.00, saving $17.18 of real money but counting as 17.18 towards the challenge.Birthday present are a great way to boost an army with out costing a lot of money, and friends and family may not always be giving you exactly what you are after at the time, but everything has a use and I am always happy to get these types of gifts.
  2. 5 Metal Wild riders for $0.00 traded from Wargamerau for some Lizardmen I was not using, saving $45.00 of real money but counting as 45.00 towards the challenge.( Although luckily for me the new plastic kit is cheaper than 5 metal wild riders used to be which would have been a whole month of painting on just 5 models for $96.00. Sometimes and I say this rarely GW do warrant praise)
  3. A Citadel Wood for $36.80 purchased from my LGS, but counts as $46.00 retail for the Challenge saving $9.20 of real dollars. The wood elves are a funny army, because they are allowed to place an extra wood for no points or D3+1 woods if you buy the acorn of ages for 100pts. The last army book they were allowed to place an extra 6" wood before deployment, in the current army book this has been improved in size to a Citadel Wood to be place before deployment. ( I am aware of the marketing thoughts that were probably behind this and to be honest I still think it is a great move.) I had though of just using an outline of the base of the wood, which you get get off the net( probably will if i decided to make an extra three down the track if/when i run an acorn of the ages), but instead decided to treat myself to the actual one from GW, it was going to count for retail value anyway and to be honest its is a nice looking kit with lots of extras that i intend to use on other models.
So after this months spend i have left $2.07 towards the final month of September.
With five months of purchases for the Wood elves my spending looks like this.
Actual money Spent $ 184.42
Actual money Saved $ 413.51
Games workshop retail equivalent $597.93

Duelling Update
Still to Assembled.
5 glade guard
5 wild riders
1 Citadel Wood


Good ole metal Wild Riders awaiting their time in the sun.
Citadel Wood in crisp packaging.


Still to paint 

Painting in Progress
2 giant eagles
1 Spellsinger on foot

Completed this Month

Completed in past Months
Drycha
12 Dryads
Dryad unit filler
20 Glade Guard
6 Glade Riders
3 Treekin
Treeman

Anyway I have rambled enough catch you all next time.
Cheers Lupus.

No comments:

Post a Comment