Saturday 12 April 2014

Wood Elves : Dryad test model complete.



Well time ticks along nicely, and so does my plan for the wood elves. I have managed to complete my version of the dryads colour scheme and I have to admit I am very happy with my test figure, except maybe the eyes they will be a work in progress I think. Sadly around 10 pots of dried paint went to the bin this week, having completely dried out over the years since they were last used, so this week I spent the majority of my Monday night checking my paint collection and adding filtered water to those that needed it, around 0.5 -1ml depending on the amount that had evaporated off, just to ensure that it would not happen again for some time.

Anyway  enough rambling about paint, and onto the duel update, so far in a flurry of some activity the following has occurred.

Let me present to you all my Dryad Autumn Flesh colour scheme.




The paints used were the following.
Dryad Flesh
Base coat Iyanden Darksun 
Drybrush of Bleached Bone 
Wash of Devlan mud 

Bark
Base coat Calthan Brown
Drybrush of Bleached Bone 
Wash of Devlan mud 

My test model had no leaves or vines so I will add how I did them to later posts.
So my current status is as follows.

Duelling Update
Assembled
Drycha- assembled undercoated black
12 Dryads- assembled undercoated black
3 Treekin- assembled undercoated black

Still to paint 
Drycha
3 Treekin
11 Dryads

Painting in Progress
Nil

Completed 6.25%
1 Dryad - except the eyes.

So as it stands I am on track with my goals so far for the second week, I am looking forward to painting the dryads and hope to have them completed  before Easter, so I can then paint my kitchen guilt free.

Anyway I have rambled enough catch you all next time.
Cheers Lupus.

2 comments:

  1. I like the scheme and nice red leaves on the branches or as ground cover will work really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ghris, i have to agree with you about the leaves they add a nice contrast and really sell the autumn theme, i am hoping the red will look as good on my glade guard.

    ReplyDelete